Bananas Foster waffles
- love to waffle’s finest malted waffle recipe
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 6 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Follow the instructions for love to waffle’s malted waffle flour mix on the home page.
- In a large frying pan, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup and pecans.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for two
- Add banana slices and rum extract. Coat with the syrup mixture and
simmer one minute.
- Spoon over waffles and serve immediately
Mini chicken and waffle
Serves about 4 sandwiches
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
For the waffles: Follow the instructions for love to waffle’s malted flour mix for waffles on the home
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Place a piece of parchment paper in a
- Pour the milk into a shallow bowl. Pour the breadcrumbs into another
bowl and mix in salt and pepper.
- Carefully dip chicken pieces into the milk and soak for about 30
seconds. Then, dredge in breadcrumb mixture until the entire piece is fully covered. Place the chicken on the parchment paper. Bake for about 55 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- While chicken bakes, prepare waffles by making the malted waggle flour
mix in a large bowl, add vanilla mix until fully combined. Add cinnamon and stir.
- Preheat a waffle iron. Pour about one-half cup of the batter into a
Belgium waffle maker. Close and cook for about four minutes on each side or until waffles are golden brown. Remove from waffle maker and let cool. Then, carefully cut the waffle into four separate
- Place one piece of chicken onto each triangle. Drizzle pure maple syrup
over the chicken and then top with another waffle triangle. Stick a small toothpick through the sandwich to keep it together, then drizzle with additional syrup and powdered sugar. Serve warm and
Chicken and waffles with sweet and spicy
Chicken and waffles:
- For the
waffles: Follow the
instructions for love to waffle’s malted flour mix for waffles on the home
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper plus 1 teaspoon for mayo sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 8 chicken tenders
Sweet and spicy mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, cayenne pepper, one tablespoon salt and
black pepper in a large bowl.
- In a paper bag, shake together the flour, cornstarch and one tablespoon
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg mixture, then place into the flour
mixture and shake to coat.
- Place the breaded chicken onto a wire rack; do not stack. Let the
chicken rest for 20 minutes to allow the coating to set.
- While chicken is setting, prepare the waffles according to the
directions for love to waffle’s malted flour mix for waffles on the home page.
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 190
- In small batches, fry chicken five to eight minutes until golden
- Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels. Set aside or keep warm in a
- To make the mayo, combine mayonnaise, maple syrup, horseradish, cayenne
pepper and mustard powder and whisk together until blended.
- Spoon mayo over waffles and serve with chicken.
Chocolate chip waffles with vanilla ice
- For the waffles: Follow the instructions for love to waffle’s malted flour mix for waffles on the home page
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- While preparing love to waffle’s malted flour mix for waffles on the home page, add chocolate chips to
the batter before cooking.
- Prepare waffles as directed.
- Spoon ice cream between two warm waffles and serve